This is a featured post that will appear at the top of the post in your homepage. All you have to do is create a post, select the featured category, and add a featured image. The image should be uploaded and saved to be 300px wide and 500 pixels high. (more…)
Welcome to the Stanford School of Medicine WordPress Cloud. This is a sample post to demonstrate how posts will look in the school’s current theme. Remember to delete this post before the site is published. If you are new to WordPress, we recommend visiting WP101 to learn about how to use the system. As a backup, IRT’s Dedicated Web Support is able to help you as well.
Lynda.com is an excellent resource for WordPress and many other web topics. See all the WordPress Lessons. Login and use for free at https://itservices.stanford.edu/lynda
WP101.com is a WordPress-focused video tutorial service to we also recommend. You can sign here.
$12/month (Use STAP Funds)
Watch the IRT Web Services site and join the Web Author CAP Group to keep upto data on new features, tips & tricks, and upcoming free School of Medicine WordPress Classes.
If you still need some questions answered, send IRT Web Help a message via our help form.
This WordPress theme is based on the flexible Genesis theme framework. The framework includes a full-featured SEO implementation so that you can easily configure your content to be optimized for search indexing. See the following video to learn how to use these features:
It is pretty easy to add content feeds from this blog site to your web site or application. You can read all about it at: https://websense.stanford.edu/2013/07/magically-add-wordpress-posts-to-your-website/
When you have everything set up as you wish and some content published please go through the following steps:
- Allow search engines to find your site by changing Settings | Privacy | Site Visibility to “Allow search engines to index this site.”
- Change admin email to your own so you get notifications from the site by setting Settings | General | Email Address
- Double check that your comment forms are secure at Settings | Discussion
- Setup authors that need access at Users. Use SUNetIDs as usernames
- Delete all plugins that are not activated at Plugins
- Ensure the Google Analytics is setup at Genesis | Header and Footer Scripts
- Setup and check configurations for sitemap builds for SEO improvement under Settings | Strictly Sitemap
- Main Sitemap Options
- Enable Auto Build = Yes
- Rebuild Type = Rebuild at scheduled intervals
- Rebuild behind the scenes = Yes
- Cron Schedule Options
- Scheduler Method = Strictly Sitemap Cron
- Rebuild Interval = Every Day
- Memory Management & Performance Configuration
- Auto Config Memory Limit = Yes
- Min Memory Usage = 42.5MB
- Max Memory Usage = 128MB
- Build Options
- Include Homepage = Yes
- Include Articles = Yes
- Include Pages = Yes
- Custom Pages (if you have any custom pages you can include them here)
- Delete any example pages
- Sitemap Options
- Create GZip Version = Yes
- Press Build Sitemap to generate a valid, new sitemap.
- Main Sitemap Options
- Delete all sample posts and pages